Suicide

NOTE: This is an extremely personal story, but sometimes we have to get personal to know why we truly feel and act the way we do. At the Wellness Center we like when you ladies are real with us, so we'll be real with you. 



My mom struggled her whole life with depression, anxiety and addiction. You might be thinking she was on some hard drug, but she was an addict to the medicine her doctors where hand feeding her. My mom had headaches and migraines throughout her life and she could never find a cure, or trick to help her so she just prescribed herself bedrest for weeks on end, and the doctors just handed her more and more pills. One day my dad and I woke up and my mother didn't. She had overdosed on her pain killers. My family had just moved to Arizonasomymomhad new doctors and from what my dad told me, they just didn't know they were too strong for her. (That sounds fishy.) Suicide is not a joke that gets shoved off the shoulder, it's not a pretty girl dressed in white with a pale face. It's real. It's happening; it's at an all time high and we need to be doing more about it so little girls don't have to grow up with out their mother's.     Image Source

Comments

  1. This is truly heartbreaking and emotional. It is incredibly brave of you to post such a personal story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as your Aunty and sister to your momma this was and is so hard to this day? It is still happening to this day but I believe doctors are finally being more careful about pain medicines but the oPioid crisis we have is definitely caused by that very reason. I am so very proud of you, Taryn!!! HOPEFULLY things turn for the better so loved ones can be more aware of understanding the troubles of family members going through something like my sister,(your momma). Stay STRONG and know that I am here for you, always and forever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts